What: To the Arctic Opening Celebration
Where: Fernbank Museum of Natural History
When: Saturday, April 21, 2012 from 10 am – 2 pm (museum open until 5 pm)
Cost: $17.50 for adults, $16.50 seniors and students, $15.50 children 3 – 12.
IMAX Tickets: $13 adults, $12 seniors and students, $11 children 3 – 12
Win a Four Pack of Tickets to Fernbank and tickets to see Arctic at the IMAX Theatre (Good on Sat. April 21 for 11 am IMAX showing)
To celebrate the opening of their latest IMAX film To the Arctic, Fernbank Museum of Natural History has planned an Arctic-themed Saturday you won’t want to miss.
In addition to the fantastic exhibits at Fernbank and playing in one of my favorite indoor educational playgrounds NatureQuest, enjoy scheduled activities from 10 – 2 pm that include:
- Georgia Bubbleman – I’ve seen him before and his is incredible. The kids LOVE chasing and popping the giant bubbles.
- Lars the Polar Bear – Meet Lars the Plar Bear from the children’s book series, The Little Polar Bear, by Hans de Beer.
- Polar Habitat Toss Game – Help the animals find their way to the correct polar habitat in this fun toss game.
- Pin the Tail on the Polar Bear – always a favorite (don’t peak)
- Walk like a Polar Bear – Learn how polar bear’s feet allow them to walk across ice and snow without slipping
- Snowflake Rubbings
- Arctic Animal Matching Game – Lemmings, arctic foxes, snowy owls and more!
- In addition, at 11 am and 1 pm join Big Thinkers Science for some super “cool” experiments. (This would be my son’s favorite part)